Saturday, November 24, 2007

Still Better Than Work

Yesterday I got more sunburned than I've been in years (sun must be pretty strong here: I consistantly applied sunscreen and was under an umbrella most of the day) and today I puked while taking a ferry on rocky seas to a snorkel sight. First time I've every gotten sea sick. It was really rough out and LOTS of people were losing it, including the person sitting right next to me. I was fine for the first 45 minutes, but after her 6 episode, it finally got to me. Felt fine pretty soon though and still had a nice time. The picture here is of a little hike I did after the puking and before the snorkeling. The snorkeling was pretty good (amazing live coral like I've never seen before) but the rough seas definitely mucked things up and visibility wasn't great. Anyway, despite these uncomfortable events, both days were still wonderful. What a magical place. And tonight is a double festival: a Thai holiday where people put floating flower candles in rivers, oceans, etc, plus a "full moon party" specific to the island I'm on. See the pictures below of the flower that a woman who works at my hotel put together for todays festival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have such exotic friends leaving comments on your blog. :-)

--s.