Thursday, November 8, 2007

Muay Thai Massage


This place is so awesome that I could sit in my hotel all day and blog about it. This morning I finally got a traditional thai massage. (The other massages I've gotten were oil massages and were not significantly different that those in the US). It was pretty incredible. I was literally on the verge of screaming for about 90 minutes straight. I only actually yelled twice I think and once had to do with my broken/healing wrist, so that doesn't count. It was wonderful though and I was loving it the whole time too. Although I had her significantly outweighed, she was definitely the stronger of the 2 of us and she was not at all afraid to throw some knees and elbows to get the job done.

Anyway, speaking of Muay Thai, tonight I'm planning on going down to the stadium to watch a few matches. I'm a little trepidatious about the pure blood-lust of it, but certainly curious about the whole specticle of it at the same time. Wasn't oriniginaly even planning on seeing a Muay Thai match, but when Katie was planning on comming along, she seemed really interested in seeing a match and I didn't really like the idea of her being more into it than me. So I'm totally into it and it's going to totally kick. oops, bad pun, sorry.

Think I'm almost recovered from that food stall lunch a few blogs ago and really to try some true thai food again tonight. Will phase back into things with a restuarant meal though. They have something here that is some thai-version of fried chicken that is suppose to be good that i might try. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside, just how Nathan likes it...

Ok, gonna go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm not quite sure what you're over there for. I've heard a lot about the sites, and even more about massages (several a day). It's a tough life, but someone has to give it a try. Perhaps you should be a bit more careful about the "street food." This isn't Mexico, you know. Actually, sounds like fun. Enjoy-- your carefree moments may be numbered...........lv.......dad

erikpage said...

Thanks dad. Don't give me too hard of a time for goofing off. A few work people are reading this...

I'll add some "medical updates" in an upcoming posting...

Anonymous said...

EP,

Yes, the journey to transcendental chicken is not an easy one, but one which will reward the student with an eternal bliss and an eternal longing for the next glimpse into the infinite. In other words, mmmmmmm, chicken.