Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't Drink and Shop


As many of you might know, I'm a bit of a light weight when it comes to drinking. I'm getting a little better now that my total body mass is up (that is i'm fatter) and I'm drinking more regularly because my job drives me crazy. But I'm still more or less a lightweight. So add that to the fact that Thai beers seem to be high in alcohol (5-6%?) and also typically come is extra-big bottles (700 ml? 1 L??) and I can get a descent buzz on here with one beer. Well that's what happened the other night and things were good and fine for a little while until I stumbled in to a pretty cool night market. Anyway, as you probably know by now, I didn't exactly use my best judgment or best bargaining skill that night. So I ended up spending $20 on a nice silk shirt that I'll never wear and which doesn't even fit me anyway. I guess this valuable less could have cost me much more than that.

Once I get up into the North country I'll let you know if this same lesson also applies to opium. (Mom, that was just a joke, really...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take off that red shirt!

I do at least hope that the beer was good.

You'll need to wear the shirt at least once more, as I think I want to see it just to confirm the poor judgment.

Actually, you can probably wear the shirt throughout the remainder of the trip, you'll just need to start out with more beer first and then change into the new shirt after the buzz hits. You may then be able to find some nice gold chains that would play off the shirt nicely.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik - I LIKE that red shirt. I hope you will decide to wear it to Christmas dinner.

Mom