Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bairly out of Bangkok


Gold teeth and a curse for this town were all in my mouth.
-
New Slang, The Shins

(pre-script: New Slang btw turns out, in addition to just being an all-around perfect song, it is perhaps the best song ever for listening to while gauzing out a bus window with a blank look on your face. Someone show put that song on a soundtrack. oh yeah...)

I got out of the city for just one night. Yesterday morning I headed up to the ruins at Ayuthaya, the former capital of Siam, and spent one night then back on the bus this morning for another appointment (15 mins from now). Then hope to catch a train to Kanchanaburi and should actually have 3-4 days there so I can finally be out of the city for a little while. With the change in my dental plan, I am going to have many more dental visit is seems. Looks unlikely that I will be able to get away for any length of time and probably won't even finish up much before my return flight. I didn't really think that I would really need those 5 weeks off work. Though I was going to be able to play hooky more than it looks like I will.

Anyway, a few more pictures and then I put many more on my Picasa site later. Hopefully tonight. I think I'll have internet in Kanchanaburi. (Turns out that when you say your will not have access for 4-5 days on your blog, it slows traffic I've discovered...)

L8r...

No comments: