Saturday, November 10, 2007

Medical Update



So many of you don't know I was also planning on having my "Spock Ear" removed. (That is actually what they call it...). Some of you maybe didn't even notice I had a Spock ear or where polite or embarrassed enough to never bring it up (I alway like you guys the best). Anyway, I noticed it and I was ready for Scotty to beam it up (sorry...) and thought I'd take this opportunity to do it. So that's what I did today. I went to the famous Bumrungrad International Hospital at 1pm this afternoon and left there around 5:30pm without part of my ear. Actually, in a truly Blue Velvet-esque manner, I left there with the ear in a vile. I ask for it half jokingly and they actually gave it too me. How am I gonna get that through security? It's a surprisingly big chunk they took and is grotesquely neat-o. The surgery itself took about 45 minutes, was done under local anesthetic which allowed me to hear the cutting noises quite well throughout the procedure. They closed it up with 10-12 stitches that they will remove in a week. No swimming til those are out (and showering with a baggy again so soon after getting my cast off), but should be fine after that.

Any if you what see the totally gross and cool pictures, i've posting them here instead of forcing all of you see it them whether you like it or not. Also some pictures there of my wrapped up ear.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but am amazingly low level of pain so far consider the size of the chunk and the number of stitches. Starting to sting a little now (8 hours after surgury) but not too bad. Hopefully that wouldn't change too much when I inevitable roll over onto in tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gracious me oh my. I had no idea! Your Spock ear!!!

Anonymous said...

Barbara says she liked the Spock ear. Maybe you can give it to her. Looks like you had pretty good seats at the fight. Good luck on Monday.