Monday, November 26, 2007

Heading North


Have my 2nd to last dental appointment at 3pm (should be getting my bridge installed for good and get my partial denture!), then running to the airport for a 7pm flight to Chiang Mai. 2 nights there, then off to explore Pai (pronounced "bye") hopefully for a homestay and nature immersion. Then flying back to Bangkok on Dec 6th from Chiang Rai and running back into the city for my last dental appt and my last night in Thailand. I have a 6am flight on the 7th. Looking forward to having a decent chunk of time in the North. Suppose to be pretty amazing.

Had a meeting this morning with Peter DuPont, head of the US-AID Eco-Asia office. We talked about what the CLTC is doing and what Eco-Asia is doing. They are going to need some help checking out testing labs. In India, China, Thailand, Indonesia, etc. Now THAT would be a fun side job to take on. We will monitor that situation closlely.

More later when I settle in up North...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erik, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is to travel with you on this blog. It's almost as good as being there, well maybe not quite, but it sure beats a postcard two weeks after your return. Had a good visit with Katie re the cookbook yesterday and will see Shan and Paul this weekend when we go see the Cirque. Hope your bridges go well and looking forward to your imminent return. Love ya, Ba