Saturday, November 10, 2007

Friday Night Fights

Any lingering questions about whether I might want to participate in a bar fight while over here were put to rest last night. I saw several kids (yes kids. minimum fighting age for professional Muay Thai is 15) that literally weigh 1/2 what I do who clearly could kick my ass. And I'm sure the 133 lbs featherweight champion could have killed me with a single elbow to, well, probably anywhere.

Anyway, it was pretty cool though and turn out to be more captivating that nauseating. It was awfully confusing though. Aside from the two legitimate knock-outs (see videos below, including one of the 15 year-old going down ...) I had no idea who was winning any of the matches 7-8 matches I saw. I think I literally guessed wrong on all of them. Apparently landing the most solid shots, knocking the other guy down alot, and making the other guy bleed more than you are all not important in the scoring. Not exactly sure what the leaves. Anyway, I'll post more pictures in my picasa Bangkok folder.


No comments: