Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dental Update


To counter murmurs that I'm having too much fun and not enough oral pain, thought I'd update where I'm at on the dental front. I have decided to go with the bridge plus partial denture option. Certainly the safest and most straightforward option. I will still have the option to add implants (to replace the partial) at a later date if I want/need to and am willing to go through the 1 year process of bone grafting, implants, then crowns. Fun, fun. I do think this unexpected reevaluation process was good. Certainly through me for a loop, but I think I'm going to end up with something that makes more sense. I'm gonna go with the 2nd opinion guy, Dr. Narong Potiket. I liked him alot. And he when to LSU and owns a home at was flooded in Katrina, for what it's worth. Anyway, the soonest he could start work is Monday afternoon. So another day to kill in Bangkok tomorrow. Bangkok is certainly interesting and I've got the subway/skytrain all figured out, but I am definitely really to get outta town. I'll probably have a follow up appt about 4-5 days later (and then another 1-2 another 5-7 days later I think), so I should be able to leave for a few days starting Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made a wise decision. I'm glad you went for a 2nd opinion, and that you like the new dentist. I agree - the bone grafts and implants sound too extreme, at least for now.

What an adventure you are having!

Mom