Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Medical Update

Believe me, you don't want the photos that go with this post. My health has not been good as I've gotten some intestinal bug that I can not seem to shake. Been 3-4 not-so-fun days. That "wonderful" curry in the earlier post may have been the culpriate. In any case, I've been to the hospital twice now (including this morning...). Stopped throwing up after getting a shot in the clinic on the firt visit (I think I earned some sort of travellers purple heart badge for puking in the bathroom of rural 3rd world country clinic...). (Side note: Care was very good though. And my hospital visit plus shot plus antibotics cost less than $10. That is less than my Kaiser co-pay for a doc visit...) Lower track still seriously not-normal. The 7 hour bus ride the other night (10pm-5AM) was NOT fun...

Trying to make the most of my last days here, but pretty weak. Today is the Kings b-day and a national holiday. Hope to take in the sights tonight at the festival here in Chaing Rai.

Anyway, I think I'll live, but this isn't the way I wanted to wrap up the trip. Certainly makes coming home sound that much better though (aside from the 17 hr flight...)

No comments: