Sunday, October 28, 2007

What am I forgeting?

Ok, didn't do my practice pack this weekend. Instead went on my last two mt. bike rides for what will certainly be several weeks. (I am hoping to get a little mt. biking in on the "vacation" part of my trip though in the northern Thailand hills.) But I did finalize my list tonight while watching the World Series. (poor rockies...) Anyway, I really want to pack light, but I already feel like I am over packing AND forgetting a million things. Help me out. Here is my list so far...

  • Clothes
    • 4 pairs socks
    • 4 pairs underwear
    • 1 pair jeans
    • 1 pair zip-away pants/shorts
    • 1 pair slacks
    • 3 t-shirts
    • 2 collared shirts
    • 1 long-sleeved overshirt/sweatshirt
    • Windbreaker
    • Tevas
    • Tennis shoes
    • Swim shorts
    • Exercise shorts
    • 2 pair of hiking shorts
    • Visor
  • Passport
  • Wallet
  • Sunglasses
  • Document wallet?
  • Watch
  • Camera (plus spare battery, USB cable)
  • Laptop (plus power cord)
  • Universal power adaptor
  • Skype headphones and webcam
  • glasses
  • Ipod(s) (plus headphones, USB cable)
  • GPS
  • Meds (sleeping pills for flight, melatonin for jetlag)
  • Vitamins (multis, emergen-C)
  • Books
    • Bangkok tattoo (fiction)
    • Lonely Planet Thailand (2007)
    • Time out Bangkok (guidebook)
  • Daypack
  • Razor
  • Toiletries (toothbrush, paste, earplugs, deodorant, etc)
What else???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you need slacks?

erikpage said...

they are lighter weight than jeans. and i might need to be semi dressed up (as dressed up as you can be in tennis shoes...) if it do end up meeting with some energy-efficiency people while i'm there. I guess i meant khakis, not slacks....

Anonymous said...

Do you need 2 pair hiking shorts and 2 collared shirts? Would one of each do?

Also, if you are doing carry-on only, you will not be able to take the razor or more than 3 oz. each of any liquid/gel (toiletries).

I guess you are also taking contracts & paperwork about your treatment.

Mom

laurita said...

If you haven't already left, I vote for fewer trousers/shorts. I think jeans suck to travel with. They're heavy, hot, and they take forever and a half to dry if they get rained on or washed. Have fun!!!