Saturday, October 20, 2007

Not Much Baht


The countdown continues. Realized today that I will only be at work for 4 more weeks this year. That's somewhat comforting. Continuing to make lists, checking them twice, etc this weekend. Might even pull a Mom and do a "practice pack" before I go since I want to travel as light as possible since I expect to backpack around some.

Continuing to monitor the Thai baht vs US dollar as the dollar drops and drops. Not a trivial matter as my procedure is quoted in baht and I won't pay until I get there. Don't know too much about macroeconomics, but I'm sure this is Bush's fault somehow.

ps. I changed the settings so anyone can comment without registering, in case anyone is so inclined...

2 comments:

laurita said...

Hi Erik! Have a great time... in your dentist chair and backpacking around. I hope your teeth are in good enough shape to eat all of the tasty tasty food that I hear about in Thailand! Good luck! Laura

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't understand it either, but it's totally Bush's fault...it has to be. It made our Canada trip incredibly expensive! Ah well. Not much longer now...